New York Hilton Midtown was built with the future in mind. Since our doors first opened in 1963, we’ve been forward thinking in how we can effectively address the needs of both our guests and our community. As part of those efforts, we focus not only on creating a future that’s exciting for those we serve– but one that enhances the sustainability of the environment in which we all live. In our guest rooms, meetings and public spaces, we’re taking steps every day to reduce energy, waste, and water consumption as part of Hilton Worldwide’s environmental commitment across the globe.
- Our meeting rooms are equipped with occupancy sensors that automatically turn off the lights when the space is vacant.
- Our guest rooms are equipped with setback thermostats that automatically adjust the temperature when the space is vacant.
- We use and recycle compact fluorescent light (CFL) bulbs.
- The New York Hilton Midtown is within walking distance to major city attractions and easily accessible by public transportation.
- We use fuel cell technology that greatly reduces nitrogen oxide emissions by producing six percent of the hotel’s total energy usage with no harmful emissions. In October 2009, the Avenue of the Americas Association awarded the New York Hilton Midtown with its 2008-2009 Environmental Recognition Program “Green Street” Award in recognition of our efforts implementing this cutting-edge technology.
- All of the hotel’s food and beverage is purchased in bulk from one centralized location in an effort to reduce transportation emissions.
- Our culinary department purchases regional products whenever possible to support local farmers and improve the nutritional value of our cuisine.
- Our water-efficient bathrooms save 11 million gallons of water each year.
- We offer an opt-in program where guests can select not to receive daily housekeeping in order to help us conserve water and energy.
- Water in our restaurants and in-room dining is purified on-site into re-usable glass bottles
- We encourage our guests to reuse towels.
- Linens are laundered off-site by an eco-friendly company that uses water-efficient washing machines.
- We recycle aluminum, plastic, grease and cardboard.
- Our compactor recycles 230 tons of paper per year.
- We use recycled content copy paper in the hotel’s daily operations.
- Water cooler cups are made from recycled content.
- Guests receive biodegradable guest room keys that break down in landfills.
- Room attendants use cleaning products that are non-toxic, biodegradable and oxygen-based.
- Team members are trained to implement environmental practices.
- Our banquet operation uses china and linen service.
- The New York Hilton Midtown does not use polystyrene or Styrofoam.
Our sustainability initiatives go beyond such well-known ideas to include: reusing guest linens, recycling waste materials, and installing compact fluorescent lamps. This strategy also encompasses community involvement by supporting charities and encouraging our employees to volunteer in New York City.
- Every year, we participate in activities with non-profit and public-private organizations around the New York metropolitan area, including City Harvest, MillionTreesNYC, Earth Day New York and the Randall’s Island Sports Foundation.
- We also support the American Cancer Society, New York Cares, the Stanley M. Isaccs Neighborhood Center and the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots program.