Of New York Hotels in Midtown, the New York Hilton Midtown Carries a Storied History
In 2013, New York Hilton Midtown celebrates 50 Years of Excellence and Legendary Service
On June 26, 1963, New York Hilton Midtown opened its doors as “The New York Hilton at Rockefeller Center,” immediately generating awe and gathering accolades that continue to this day.
New York Hilton Midtown is what Conrad N. Hilton believed a hotel should be-a city, in which anything could be found.
Over the past 50 years, New York Hilton Midtown’s renowned hospitality and generous proportions have brought millions of visitors and thousands of notables through its doors. The hotel has hosted every President since John F. Kennedy; in 1964, The Beatles stayed at the hotel during their visit to the Ed Sullivan Theater; in 1973, Dr. Martin Cooper made the world’s first public cellular phone call from a sidewalk outside the hotel; in 1996, Princess Diana is named “Humanitarian of the Year” during an awards ceremony.
If New York is the “City that Never Sleeps,” New York Hilton could appropriately be named the “Hotel that Never Rests.” Not only has the hotel undergone numerous renovations in its 50-year history, but it has also inspired and engaged guests and visitors with its classic New York experience.
In 2013, the hotel commemorates the Hilton’s Brand dedication to world hospitality. We invite you to join us in a series of promotional activities and offers.
- Explore newyorkhiltonmidtown50.com and discover the legacy of this New York hotel in Midtown as you scroll or click through the hotel’s fascinating history and some of the most memorable moments.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest as we celebrate
- Download our Anniversary Brochure
- Press Release: http://news.hilton.com/index.cfm/newsroom/detail/23312
Book a 50th Anniversary stay package: Arrive for a 2 night stay on a Thursday through Sunday through March 2014 and enjoy rates starting at $234. Package includes:
- $50 Hilton Credit
- Listing of 50 can’t miss sites of NYC
- Commemorative coffee mug
Enjoy Specialty Drinks
Relax at Bridges Bar or the Lobby Lounge and enjoy $9.63 specialty drinks:
- Pink Panther Martini to memorializing Blake Edwards classic comedy, “The Pink Panther” which debuted in 1963
- Tab and Bacardi invented in 1963; Tab was Coco-Cola Company’s first diet cola.
- The Kismet inspired by the Hotels famed Kismet Lounge